The Kingsway opened April 21, 1921 as part of the Century chain, which later merged with RKO. The auditorium was twinned in the 1970s, with the balcony becoming a separate auditorium; it would later be triplexed by dividing the orchestra auditorium, quadded by dividing the balcony, and in 1984, five-plexed by addition of an auditorium - with its own balcony - in the stage house. The Kingsway became part of the Cineplex Odeon chain in 1986. The theater would last operate for Loew's before closing in January, 2001; the building now houses retail space and Touro College.
Photograph taken May 1, 2004
kingsway Theatre on Cinema Treasures
Return to Theaters